India is a spiritual country where many secrets are hidden. Most of the saints, yogis are celebrated as demigods after realizing their spiritual powers. I can touch wood say the earth revolves only with the power of such yogis. Our existences are continued by the blessings of such masters. In this article am sharing the holy place “Shri Mahavatar Babaji’s cave”, a place of an immortal masterpiece.
Shri Mahavatar Babaji’s cave is located in Kukuchina, Dunagiri, Uttarakhand, India. The place is full of stones, rocks. It is really difficult to trek without any help. After a certain point, the devotees cannot find any vehicles to reach the cave. They should walk to meet Mahavatar.
The divine Mahavatar Babaji
This ancient yogi hailed from the Ice Mountain Himalayas and he carries a spiritual body. Mahavatar Babaji had revived Kriya Yoga, the science of advanced pranayama technique which speeds up spiritual evolution. Lahiri Mahasaya is his disciple who was born to spread the principles of Babaji in the modern world. It has been said that his disciples met him in between 1861 and 1935. Mahavatar Babaji story has been entirely covered in the book “Autobiography of a Yogi”.
Miracles of Babaji
Some of his devotees had seen him in many forms. Sometimes a normal man with beard and mustache and sometimes without them have been Babaji’s normal appearance. The masterpiece seldom eats and accepts fruits, rice cooked in milk occasionally. Babaji makes his astral travel from place to place along with his group. He always carries a bamboo staff as his symbol. His words “Dera danda uthao” is the signal of moving from place to place along with his band members. The incidents are really goose bumping.
Uniqueness in Mahavatar Babaji cave tour
Every step and every look is unique here. Keeping Babaji in mind and trekking will never give any hardness in the pathway. The serene place has distinctiveness around its atmosphere.
- Mahavatar Babaji cave Trekking leads the pilgrims in the Himalayan region for Kriya yoga. Here Guru Lahiri Mahasaya was showered with Kriya yoga directly from the Mahavatar Babaji.
- Dunagiri encompasses many ashrams and the real spirituality feeling is appealed here during trekking.
- Kukuchina is the place where the popular and ancient Babaji cave is present. Visiting the place gives many chances of visiting old saints, sages.
- Ranikhet is a fabulous place for Himalayan sightseeing
The route to Babaji’s cave in Kukuchina, Dunagiri, India
Reaching Rishikesh and initiating the trip to Kukuchina would be easier than other routes.
- Rishikesh to Haridwar travel can be done by bus for 45 minutes
- Haridwar to Kathgodam take a straight train that leaves at 00.15 minutes. Only one train will be available per day.
- Kathgodam to Ranikhet take a share taxi, the travel lasts for 4 hours. From Ranikhet to Dwarahat take another Share taxi for 3 hours travel.
- After reaching Dwarahat market, take another share taxi to reach Kukuchina, a 50 minutes travel.
- From Kukuchina there are no vehicles to reach Babaji cave. The devotees have to walk up the mountain for 50 minutes to reach the cave.
Yogoda Satsanga Society
Yogoda Satsanga Society (YSS), the organization of Paramahansa Yogananda constructed a platform at the cave’s entrance. YSS also built a small cottage for the meditation purpose. YSS has its own ashram. The other spiritual places near to Babaji’s cave are Dronagiri Temple, YSS Ashram in Dwarahat, Kukuchina’s Smriti Mandir, Pandavkholi, Neem Karoli Baba’s Kainchi Ashram, Anandapuri Ashram of Haidakhan Babaji
Activities in YSS
The YSS ashram conducts two eye camps, two medical camps, a Pada Yatra to Babaji’s cave, Kriya Yoga Diksha with a Sadhana Sangam, Babaji Smriti Divas Procession to the Babaji’s Cave, a Procession to the town with YSS School students and devotees in the morning on Guruji’s birthday, Local people bhajans at the Ashram in the evening, the commemoration service at night.
Kriya yoga teaches us as for how to leave the material world, perishable body and how to attain a seamless spiritual body, live thousands of years in the world. No caste, no race, no religion here, the mesmerizing cave welcomes everyone…
Featured Photo by cyberborean