Silver Cascade Falls – A Top Tourist Destination in Kodaikanal
Kodaikanal is a hill station in Northern Tamil Nadu close to major towns and cities not just in the state but also in neighboring states. Kodaikanal has been developed as a hill station suitable for tourism over the last century and millions of people visit this tourist destination that is known as the Princess of Hill Stations. Kodaikanal is located in Palani Hills and the main attraction is a unique star-shaped manmade lake called the Kodaikanal Lake in the main area of the town. Another major tourist destination which people visit in Kodaikanal is Silver Cascade Falls. The following are some of the details of the Silver Cascade Falls which are a fun trip for tourists looking to visit a natural tourist destination in the area:
Silver Cascade Falls – The Major Details
• making it popular with tourists from all over India and especially from cities in southern India.
• The Kodaikanal Lake is a star-shaped lake in Kodaikanal and is a manmade lake that was built in the 19th century. The Silver Cascade Falls are created because of the outflow of water from the Kodaikanal Lake.
• Kodaikanal has lovely cool weather and precipitation all year around making the waterfalls perennial. In October and November, there is a lot of rain in this area but the hill station gets rain throughout the year.
• The Silver Cascade Falls are beautiful waterfalls in the region and have a height of more than 55 meters in height. This is one of the best places to visit in this area and usually part of most Kodaikanal tourist tours in this area. The trip to the waterfalls usually takes a few hours and it is a fun trip with family and friends.\
• The waterfalls are located in an area with gorgeous hills and natural scenic beauty which makes it perfect for a tourist trip to the area. It is located on the Laws Ghat Road which is easily accessible by road.
• There are a few shops in the locality that sell a few souvenirs in the area. Fruit vendors sell fruits near these falls which are an ideal snack while visiting these waterfalls. It is always a good idea for tourists to carry a little food with them to this tourist destination as it is outside the city.
• This area of the Silver Cascade Waterfalls is known for a large population of monkeys. It is always fun to see cute monkeys and click photos of these monkeys but it is a good idea to leave them alone and let them enjoy their natural habitat.
Weather and Best Time to Visit Silver Cascade Falls
• Kodaikanal and neighboring areas like the Silver Cascade Falls are situated in a high elevation zone so the weather is always cool but much cooler in the winter months.
• There is a lot of precipitation in this area all year round and the peak season to visit this area for tourists is around April to June. The off-season is during the monsoon or before spring and many people like the off-season as there are fewer tourists during this time of the year.
Waterfalls are a wonderful tourist destination and many waterfalls all over the world are known to be hubs of tourism. The Silver Cascade Falls has been promoted as a major tourist destination in the area and are usually part of the daily Kodaikanal tours for tourists. It is one of the best tourist destinations as this area offers to make it a great place to visit for tourists visiting Kodaikanal.