As we traded along with the best picks among the serene nature of North India the last time, we deliberately left the tour open to a new chapter. After all, a trip is never finished, is it? We guess it’s time we add another illustrated chapter to our trip memoir. So off we go for the second round in form of ‘North India and it’s Enchanting Places- II’.
North India, a region boosted with historical and ancient mirage along with the scenic beauty is a great place for the keen travellers. Stress it, I’ve used travellers instead of tourists. Tourists merely visit its travellers who explore.
You keen to be a traveller then, hop in and enjoy the ride with us on the mesmerising beauty of North India in our second saga.
- Cited as a remote fort city, located in the nub of the great Thar Desert, the city of Jaisalmer stands proud of its heritage and legacy. The city is among the top getaways in India for all genres of travelers.
- The city features several Havelis (ancient architectural beauties of former rulers) and temples. It’s famed for Rajasthani depiction intrinsically carved on its heritage sites. One can enjoy the facades of Nathmalji Ki Haveli, Salim Singh Ki Haveli along with Patwon Ki Haveli. You could further join in on Gadisar Lake, Bada Bagh, Moolsagar Palace and Ram Mandir to name a few.
- Not to forget, do take your time to enjoy a camel safari on the sand dunes of the Thar Desert, a truly life-cherishing experience.
- We’d look to assimilate both Haridwar and Rishikesh in our following passage. Although two separate tourist places, these are accredited in the same breath since they are closely located and assembled.
- The place is often cited as the ‘Yoga Capital of the World’ and rightly so. Haridwar holds an affinity to religious pilgrims who seek a dip into the Holy Ganges. It is aesthetically carved with tranquil nature and thus enjoys rendition as a site for meditation and solitude.
- Rishikesh is further hyped on as one of the top destinations for white water rafting in India, something one definitely needs to try for. The town holds mirage of ashrams and sites that allow for a breathing space from the hectic schedules of the bigger cities.
- A historic city that’s often cited as one of the top romantic destinations across India, Udaipur pledges itself as one of the tops placed to visit in North India. It’s home to Lake Palace Hotel which is located amidst middle of Lake Pichola.
- The city is peaked with footfalls throughout the year. It bores its own set of legends and historical enigma. The city features Lake Palace, Lake Pichola, Fateh Sagar, Monsoon Palace and more as the major tourist attractions.
- One of the most picturesque cities of India, Dharamshala often great time off the hectic life schedules. Lying on the spur of Dhauladhar Range, it has famed grove of Conifer and Oak trees. The city is also accredited as the ‘The Little Lhasa in India’ for its distinct culture of Indo-Tibetan people.
- The city offers a trip to Namgyal Monastery, Kangra Art Museum, Aganjar Mahadev Temple, Chamunda Devi Temple and more as part of its expedition.
- Located in the benign Kumaun region, into the Northern region of India, is a famed hill station Nainital. The place evokes a great blend of scenic beauty and savoury offerings that make it a worthwhile weekend getaway. The city is also known by as Lake District and is a hyphened destination for tourists.
- One can seek pony ride up to the Naina peak passing through a mirage of forests. The highest elevated point in the whole city, Naina Peak offers a panoramic experience for many. You can enjoy the sight of snow-covered peaks of Nanda Devi, Nanda Kot, and Trishul among many. You can further time your sightseeing to Mukteshwar, Bhimtal Lake, Naini Lake, Kilbury, Pangot and more.
- Part of the green rifts across the Doon Valley, Mussoorie is one of the tantalising offerings on a plate in North India. It is located at an altitude of 1880 m and holds an affinity to the colonial past of India. The place is famed for being trekker-friendly are and features some of the greatest scenic sights a human eye can ever see.
- The town is home to maverick waterfalls along the lanes of forests. It is also home to multiple glistering The major attractions of the town are Kempty falls, Tehri and Sir George Everest House among few.
Well, that’s us stopping by for today on our journey across North India. We have partaken our trip from the last route to the current range of majestic places. We’re sure to continue our journey along the breadth of North India in the next chapter on our trip dairy. There’s still many places left to gaze upon, foresee Srinagar and Kashmir to name a few. Join us again the next time to bide a journey into the heavenly lands of Srinagar and Kashmir. Till then, Adios.