The more closely you watch it, the more you change your insights about deserts. Rajasthan, a truly rich state possessing beautiful and heritage sites, rich food is also known for exciting things to do. The state has a lot to offer, so here are some of the exciting things that will make you feel awe-inspiring about your trip to Rajasthan.
- Discover Rustic Rajasthan on Camel Safari: Rajasthan is a dry state with the vast deserts covering most of its area. Desert Safari is one exciting thing you won’t leave back. For the Desert Safaris, you have a choice of doing it on horseback, jeeps or camelback. It’s actually an adventure at its best, and you can find this in Jaisalmer, Pushkar, and Bikaner. The safari tours varying from few hours to a couple of weeks take the travelers over the shifting sand dunes, through rural villages and revealing the remarkable sunset views. A camel safari is again one of the special experiences you can have here. The ship of the desert helps you in exploring the ruins and beautiful structures.
Photo by Viator.com
- Zip Lining with Flying Fox: One of the most exhilarating sport for the adventure seekers is Zip Lining. The Flying Fox zip line rides can be enjoyed either at Mehrangarh Fort in Jodhpur city or at Neemrana Fort. Go zipping from one cliff to another and enjoy the architectural landscapes and rare countryside while experiencing the adrenaline rush. An individual interested in this sport is given a short safety lesson, followed by practice hours, after which the real fun begins. Electrifying, exciting and safe zip line tours are a remarkable hit amongst adventure enthusiasts.
Photo by Camp Pinewood YMCA
- Hot Air Ballooning in Rajasthan: Hot air ballooning one of the new adventure sport in India is gaining popularity these days. It is the most loved adventure activity amongst the travelers in Rajasthan. The flight on a hot air balloon commence from Jaipur, thereby heading towards Pushkar and finally landing at the fantastic Ranthambore National Park. Hot air ballooning not only offers you an opportunity to view amazing forts, hidden palaces, local villages from a unique perception but also gives you a chance to meet the friendly and vibrant people that make this country a unique place. So, fly high over the holy places and landscape in a glorious way that will amaze you.
Photo by ricketyus
- Exciting Desert Camping: Majestic desert camps set amidst the captivating sand dunes and under the starry nights are something one must try once. An amazing site, Rajasthan is prominent for its desert camping. Offering luxurious facilities, authentic and delicious cuisines, lively folk dances, cozy beddings are extraordinary that make camping more thrilling. Jaisalmer and Osian desert camps are the best. The amazing desert camping experience is truly one of the best things to do in Rajasthan during winters.
Photo by NH53
- Vintage Car Rally: This doesn’t need any more explanation. The Vintage car rally recuperates the sweet memories of the past when automobiles used to be the pride amongst the royals. The rally is held every year in Jaipur around January and one can find some of the classic car beauties which charm the tourists amazingly. The kings in the state had an incredible love for automobiles and they used to get them imported from Europe and America. Their empathy for cars is reflected in this Vintage Car Rally. It is certainly one of the best things to do in Rajasthan and this fantastic sight of old machines on the roads should not be missed.
Photo by sv1ambo
- Visiting a haunted place: Do you feel that some thrill is still missing? Let’s put in a pinch of horror now! Visit the spooky Bhangarh fort located 18 km away from Jaisalmer. Though it is totally ruined but it is said to be haunted since ages as the tales linked with them are spine chilling. Visitors are not allowed to enter this place after sunset. So, do not miss out this fort and also listen to the strange stories from localites about this place.
Photo by Shahnawaz Sid
- Abhaneri Step Well: One of the deepest step well in the world, the Abhaneri Step- well is located in the Dausa district near the city of Jaipur. One of the best thing to do here is to visit this grand structure and admire its beauty and architecture. In the olden days, step wells were used for water harvesting, as rest houses and as pools for ceremonial cleaning before a temple visit. Abhaneri Step Well has 5500 narrow steps in 13 levels and is 20 m deep. Visit it if photography and history interests you.
Photo by Arnie Papp
- Visit the rural areas to explore the village life: It is one of the unusual things to do in Rajasthan. The culturally rich state is packed with rich and warm- hearted locals. Beautifully decorated mud houses, colorful clothes, straw huts, yet hearts filled with love and smiling faces- this is the real Rajasthan!
Photo by nevil zaveri
Book a ticket and pack your bags. Include one of these activities in your Rajasthan travel schedule. Visit the state and rejuvenate your life.