A city laid on the banks of Sabarmati River, Ahmedabad is cited as the finest civic lands of the nation. Ahmedabad remains a city beckoning of Pre-Mughal history and has seen much growth and vigor in the recent times.
In a bid to seek more into this historic city and its offerings, we rounded up a trip down into the Sabarmati banks. We here would cast our mind to the experience offered by Ahmedabad in our blog for today.
Read along as we present ‘Ahmedabad and its Finest offerings’ in today’s entry.
How Ahmedabad was bestowed with the Nomenclature?
The city of Ahmedabad gained its name from the founder of the city. The city was founded by the Mughal King Ahmedshah Badshah in the 15th century along the banks of the Sabarmati River. That gave the city its distinct name.
Ahmedabad and its Distinct Chores
The city of Ahmedabad is home to many specific offerings that aren’t found around in other cities. We here shall look into such specific chores of the city.
- The city of Ahmedabad is home to the Father of the Nation, Mahatma Gandhi who spent the years following his birth in the city. The city still has the Sabarmati Ashram in full functioning where Mahatma Gandhi spent the later parts of his life.
The Presence of Kite Museum
- Well, this one really sets it apart. Ahmedabad offers quite a treat for the kite lovers around the nation with a dedicated Kite Museum at the heart of the city. One would be amazed to see the extent of artifacts about Kite over here.
A Vegetarian City
- A peculiar thing about Ahmedabad and Gujarat as a whole is the accreditation to being vegetarians. The city is a vegetarian one and offers sumptuous delicacies under the cosh. In fact, any explorer who traversed this course has had an affinity to vegetarian dishes, such is the delight.
A Dry City
- Not that this hampers much, but it’s good to see a city take the initiative of such issues. Ahmedabad adherent to its dry city rule is free from nuisances created by drinks. Suffice to say, the city is safe for dwellers and explorers that anywhere around.
The Traverse Course of Ahmedabad
Ahmedabad has multiple facets of architectural enigma glittering the city as part of its Mughal rule followed on by British Raj and then the acclaim of Independent India. The city offers gleeful offerings in visiting terms. And then there’s the famous tip-toeing for the midnight walks in Ahmedabad. We’ll list them all for you down below.
- Start your course by going around Jama Masjid, Siddi Sayyed Mosque followed by Sarabhai Villas. You can further seek the serene gardens of Ahmedabad along with lakes to bide your time.
- There’s your Gandhi Ashram on the far distant too. You can further seek your way to Calico Textile Museum and Jhulta Minara for more distinctive sightseeing.
- The city is undoubtedly famed for its midnight spree around the Manek Chowk and more. Manek Chowk is a paradise for food lovers with the midnight market offerings a large variety of delicacies to devour upon.
- The market is a leading jewelry place during the course of the day but turns into a foodie heaven that is sure to tingle your taste buds.
Getting around the city
- Well if you’re been fearing about the travel means around the city, then Ahmedabad rightfully has the answer for you. It offers Bus Rapid Transit System (BRTS), one of the most prominent transit system in the nation. You can also hire a cab or an auto for your venture around the city. And for those wanting to trade on livelier option, there’s a cycle rickshaw around every corner of the city.
Things not to Miss out on
Well here’s something that you should never miss out on your trip to Ahmedabad.
- You may argue as to why? Simply because it’s the best palatable food that you’ll ever have. Gujarati Thali is quite sumptuously the best bit of food collateral offered around the nation. Forget anything that you’ve ever had, this will likely beat all of them.
Buying yourself the Gift of Ahmedabad
- Ahmedabad is well known for its supremacy in the textile industry. The city has a long tradition of tie and dye clothes. Get yourself a piece of these as part of your souvenir collection.
- Furthermore, Gujarati sweets are one heck of gift that you could rejoice for. Nothing beats the sensation of the traditional Gujarati sweet, does it?
Seek the adventures of Sabarmati Skyline Tour
- A confound skyline tour that offers a 350m ride across the river is one that everyone exploring Ahmedabad must try. It will definitely pump your adrenaline.
Ahmedabad is quite rightly a city on the rapid rise, but that doesn’t stop by the fact that it’s a great place to live on. The city is a paradise for explorers in you and offers a reminiscence of ancient mirage along with the modern establishment. Reach out and enjoy the serene nature of Ahmedabad and you’d be sure to enjoy every minute of it.